The Assertiveness: Activate your Self-Confidence course explores how you can communicate your message with maximum impact – confidently articulating in such a way to bring about positive results whilst utilising new skills and habits.
You will discover the importance of pull and push assertive styles:
- Understand what motivates and influences behaviour understanding the power bases for assertiveness
- Understand your current assertiveness style and its impacts and learn how to avoid self-sabotage
- Understand controlling, disruptive emotions and impulses and being aware of others’ emotions and their impact on you
- Discover the effect of intrapersonal messages on verbal and nonverbal communication
- Learn how to deal with sensitive, even conflicting situations, and challenging people whilst under pressure.
The course takes a workshop approach to learning and implementation. Course attendees will:
- Increase awareness of their behaviours and build on their confidence and ability to articulate clear communications.
- Delve into advanced concepts and principles of assertiveness with a strong emphasis on their practical application in the workplace enabling you to:
- Learn more about yourself and how you affect others
- Understand why people react the way they do
- Better influence the results you get when interacting with others
- Stand up for yourself and your ideas without offending
- Positively change your own interpersonal skills and habits
The ASPIRE Approach to Assertiveness: Activate your Self-Confidence will help you to empower your organisation to:
- ASSESS your implications
- SCOPE the response required by your team
- PREPARE the plan to investigate and research further
- INVESTIGATE and analyse the implications, options and scenarios to be addressed
- RECOMMEND the way forward
- EXECUTE your programme
The public courses will typically be run for a mixed audience from a range of different companies and backgrounds allowing the cross-fertilization of ideas and the sharing of lateral insights and experiences.
The course cost includes a 12-month subscription to the Aspire E-Learning Management System (Typically £750 + VAT per user licence). The day rate covers refreshments and a light lunch as well.
Accommodation costs are not included in the price of this workshop – please arrange this separately.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our training events booked through Eventbrite or at a tailored in-house training session booked separately as outlined above.